Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One year of Bliss

As of 1 week ago, I have been dating the same person for 1 year. An entire year. That's a really long time for me to hold onto a relationship, let alone one that's healthy for me.

And I love him. More than I've loved anyone. I find this combination of love and time absolutely incredible.

Our anniversary landed on last Tuesday, but we celebrated on Monday. We made a blanket fort and watched Iron Man 2 and it was a lot of fun. I gave him a photoshop collage of a couple of pictures of us and all these different languages that all say 'I love you.' I took them from the 115 facebook posts he put on my wall. He really did post 'I love you' on my wall in 115 different languages. He's ridiculous like that. He gave me a shirt with a picture of us on it, which he's currently adding to. He also gave me underwear. I know what you're thinking, that he probably gave me some lacy little thong from Victoria Secret. You'd be wrong. He gave me pink cotton panties that say "The Beaver State" on the front with a picture of a beaver, and "I <3 Oregon" on the back. They're a good luck charm to get into Oregon State, or as Tammy Jo says "that Beaver school."

Right? My boyfriend is ridiculous. <3

It didn't really hit me until now how long a year is. Before it was just like "oh yeah, we've been dating a year. Whatever. It's a measurement of time." I guess maybe that's because this year has gone by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was still a junior, with a year left of high school. Now I'm proud of it. I have been dating Colin Sanders for an entire year. The next step? To stay this way for the rest of our lives.

No comments: